In the many communities, the knowledge of credit always seemed to be a hurdle that many families have stumbled over . You must make your relationship with money better in order to sustain your good credit status. If you fear money and credit you won’t ever have money or credit. Just because you weren’t born with a silver spoon in your month, does not mean that you cannot get one. Instead of trying to keep up with the Joneses because you don’t know the Joneses or their struggles; live below your means, so that you can understand how money, interest rates and credit works. You too can achieve the American dream, by establishing a good financial credit history with your debtors. Let me explain!
There are 3 major credit beau’s are Equifax, Experian and Transunion. Your credit worthiness is based on a 3 digit score which is called a Fico Score aka Beacon score. The score ranges between 300-850. The lower your credit score is the higher the interest rate you will pay on everything you buy, from cars, to homes, to even applying for a credit card. In some instances, even an auto insurance policy in some states may be affected by a bad credit history.
Factors that effect your score, are late payments, short credit history, poor payment history, number of credit cards used *credit to balance ratio, and too many recent credit inquiries. Your goal should be to have A1 credit or at least a score of 680. And this is how to obtain that score and higher.
You must check your credit closely and often, I say every 3 , months. You can watch it by using https://www.creditkarma.com. This is a reputable and user-friendly source. If you notice any inquires contact the credit bureau and dispute the items immediately.
Below is a video, that captures all the essentials for new credit history and established credit history. This 5 min video, allows you to understand quantifiably how your actions can contribute to your overall credit score. Take a look.
Courtesy of www.youngfreeindiana.com
Key’s Tips and Tricks
- When you have credit cards make sure you don’t use more than 30% of your credit card limit. If you do so that will drop your credit score down much.
- Pay your credit bill before the due date so that the interest will be charged on lower balance for the next billing cycle.
- Don’t ever close a line of credit just pay if off and cut or hide the card if you are afraid of getting in credit card debt.
- Visit www.annaualcreditreport.com to get a free copy of your credit report annually and buy your credit score. Know your credit status.
- Follow these basic credit 101 tips and you will keep up a good credit score.
“Empowering You To Build Your Empire”
To get and stay healthy when it comes to your financial wellness, Visit www.shynnakey.com to sign up for my exclusive newsletters and upcoming events.
By: Shynna Key
Guest Financial Contributor, Workingmomin20s.com
Featured Image by: www.Aleksitappura.com